Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thomas Paine Diary Entry

Diary,
oh, how angered I am at the civil disobedience the British have portrayed so boldly before us. Their binding taxes and slave-like treatment for me and my fellow men who have worked so hard as pioneers have driven me mad. This isn't to eliminate any guilt from my people, however, for we are the ones whom have frustrated me most. It is our faults that we've allowed this injustice to continue, and now we have come to suffer for it. Although, all is not lost. It is our chance now to make up for what we've let happen, and finally take a stand against our adopted captors. I will not speak this in hypocrisy, mind you, for it is in my least objective to talk bravery and pride yet show none. I plan to write a book available to the public on my views of our political actions (or lack thereof) and how they can be changed. It's time for us to be taken seriously in the eyes of the world, and if I must be the one to inspire it, then let it be.

No comments: