Monday, March 17, 2008

Native American Diary Entry

Diary,
Again we hiked further into the embracing winds of the West to make way for the ever-multiplying white men. There visit has been welcomed by the curiosity of our people, but one must wonder if the expansion of their camps will ever cease. Communication between our tribes is poor. Their gestures appear friendly, but many of their actions prove difficult to accept. With every strike the earth takes from their large spoons I wince, yet the resulting yellow rock the white men gain leaves me intrigued and mystified, wanting to know more. Maybe this new way of life is the path we are to follow, however, something about it does not stir well within my spirit. As I look around at my people I see a culture being lost, as the Great Spirit and its ancestral traditions are forgotten. I assume all there is to do is to wait and watch, until a clearer day arrives.
-Screaming Bird

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not good at future planning. I don't plan at all. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow. I don't
have a day planner and I don't have a diary.
I completely live in the now, not in the past, not in the future. See the link below for more info.


#diary
www.matreyastudios.com

Unknown said...

Nice

Unknown said...

Thanks for the idea in using this for high school homework.